ICCA exam experience

I took the ICCA cert exam and finished 30min ago. Before the exam I went through the Cloud Foundations material, created account to AWS, Azure and GCP. I practiced the labs on each cloud providers portal and searched info about the topics. The preparation took about two weeks. I have 25 years previous work experience in networking, but cloud domain is new to me.

All in all I have to say that Cloud Foundations material does not cover everything that is needed to know in the exam. To answer some of the questions I would have needed more time to work with the cloud providers portals and get more familiar with the terminology and the products. If you have even some months of work experience with cloud products, I think you are much better prepared for the exam than I was.

Anyway I passed the exam and now I am ICCA certified! In the lab part I scored 4/4, so practicing with the portals did pay off. Overall score was 72%. So, you can pass the exam even without previous experience working with the cloud products, but knowledge of network technologies helped a lot.

Very curious thing happened. I went to my INE certifications page to see the score result again, but it shows there that I don’t have any certifications. I also followed the link that I received to my email after the successful attempt, which then showed my certificate, but now it goes to blank page with text that “questions for attempt were not passed”. I have the certificate downloaded after the attempt, so I know that I am not dreaming of having passed the attempt :). I contacted INE support 7 days ago, but haven’t received reply. Maybe holiday season is affecting, I don’t know.

But this somehow makes me wonder if INE is yet up to the task to give credible industry certifications.

First, sorry for the confusion over the certifications. Rest assured, you hold the ICCA certification, and we stand behind it. After receiving feedback on the previous grading metrics, we needed to adjust the grading criteria. As a result, the system inaccurately scored your exam.
Please let us know if you need verification (say, for an employer). We will be more than happy to help.
We value your feedback. We are working hard to create the best and most innovative certifications in the industry.