Is the pathway enough?

Hello new forum folk,

Currenty I am working my way through the course content on the CCNA 200-301 pathway. As a whole, it is really engaging and the quizzes help reinforce the learning. If I just tackle the entire path and know it very well, is this enough to take and pass the CCNA exam?

I do have command line experience and have a good bit of familiarity with the content as we use the notes from the CCNA in university to study networking.

Any other tips or information is welcome.

Hi CyberSecDave!
That’s a great question, and I’m glad you asked it! If you are able to memorize everything shown in the videos contained in that path (theory, facts and configurations), then I’d say yes…you should be able to pass the 200-301 CCNA exam. One thing to keep in mind is that while it’s possible to pass any configuration-related CCNA questions based purely on memorization of commands (as shown in the videos) there’s a HUGE difference between that and being able to recall the correct command to use (in any given situation) when sitting in front of the console of a real router or switch (without multiple-choice answers in front of you).

So, because INE’s mantra is that we are “Experts teaching you to be an expert” I always like to heavily emphasize hands-on lab practice along with viewing our videos. There’s a lot you can learn by actually being on a router-or-switch that you’d never get out of watching a configuration example from a video. Personally, as I’m watching a video about a new technical topic I like to write down the relevant commands (and what they accomplish) on paper, then login to a device and try to make the protocol work using those commands. It’s also equally fun to intentionally break a protocol/feature and see what the results are as far as SYSLOG and debugging output is concerned.

Hope that helps!
Keith

8 Likes

Thank you so much for the in depth reply. Much appreciated! I will definitely do some labbing for sure.