Penetration Testing: Metasploit and ruby

I am torn between ruby and python. Penetration Testing: Metasploit and ruby is the last module of PTP. This module teaches the student how to write basic to advanced ruby script, and Metasploit module.
I have found devs can write metasploit module by using metasploit library for python Writing External Python Modules · rapid7/metasploit-framework Wiki · GitHub. Fortunately, I can write python program. My question is if I skip the last module and focus on python. what is the disadvantages? From what I know all metasploit modules are written on ruby.

In your learning journey, why don’t you do it all at least once and take good notes? In our world, Python is the most useful language so that should probably take most of your time. The course material is solid so I’d just go through it all once take good notes (remnote, google docs, o365 etc. and move on to the next thing.

For what it’s worth I had an easier time using Ruby for BOF for the exam… If you are fine doing overflows with Python start to finish then short term I wouldn’t say there’s a disadvantage; you would be skipping material you already paid for though.