And still having issues pasting into the INE Labs

Working through the prerequisites again and the new exfil lab is uses local curl via the web browser. The solution requires me to put together a python script, since simpleHTTPServer (or http.server) can’t handle PUT. Anyway, short of typing the script manually, I am stuck since I again can’t paste into the [lots of expletives] browser-based labs. Anyone know the secret?

Here is what I am doing:

1. highlight the text in another tab or a local application
  2. go back to the lab tab
  3. Ctrl-Shift-Alt to open the side panel
  4. Right-click paste or Ctrl-V (tried both) into the text box and…nothing. There is nothing in the clipboard to paste into the box (paste is grayed out).

Wow. Nevermind. I had the dumb. So, you know that stupid popup that asks if you want a site to send notifications and how it is the worst thing ever, so you instinctively click “block” every time? Apparently the one for the INE Labs says something like “do you want to be able to paste text into this site”. Yup, I was blocking it. Whoops.

Back in business.

Still, liked the VPN labs better. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I had the same issue in Firefox. After reading your post I thought that’s my problem as well…

To facilitate others as well, I’ve took a screenshot in the settings within firefox you should have:

1. Open a tab
  2. open about:config
  3. Accept the risks etc.
  4. Search for: dom.event.clipboardevents.enabled
  5. Turn it to false to be able to paste in the side panel

See screenshot

Been awhile, but I just rediscovered this problem and figured something out. I was unable to paste again and verified the setting. Still wasn’t working. Figured out some weirdness. You can only paste from two tabs on the same window! I had the lab and the lab instructions in different windows so I could see them at the same time. Nope. Has to be the same window, at least in Firefox. Weird.

Try Ctrl+shift+V , is working for me

Tried it, doesn’t work for me unless both tabs are in the same window.